Château de Montfaucon

Château de Montfaucon

Country of Origin:

France

Established:

1880

About
On the right bank of the Rhone, the Chateau de Montfaucon faces the hills of the Chateauneuf-du-Pape. The first simple watch tower was built in the XIth century, and was enlarged during the Middle Ages to obtain its original triangular shape; then, in 1880 it was totally restored by the Baron Louis. In the XVIth century, at the foot of the castle, a vaulted cellar was built in which grapes were converted into wine until 1936. Soon after, the estate became orphaned as it was decided that the harvest of the domain would be sold to a cooperative cellar.

In 1995 Rodolphe de Pins took over the family estate and decide to revive the memory of the wine castle. He restructured and expanded the vineyard, and it now reaches around sixty hectares in the Vin de Table, AOC Cotes du Rhone, and AOC Lirac. Still today, this magnificent cellar remains the heart of the domain by playing host to the barrel aging of Montfaucon's finest cuvees.