Environmentally Friendly, Sustainable, Biodynamic
Dubost Brouilly Vieilles Vignes
Originally known as Domaine du Tracot, now-called Domaine Dubost has been owned by the Dubost family since 1902. Its origin was found in writings and traces on the main building. With his two sons, Corentin and Joffrey, winemaker Jean-Paul Dubost hopes that the 4th generation will continue the family tradition in providing wines that reflect their terroir, the culture of the vineyard and respecting the environment and soil.
Beautifully balanced with lovely fresh fruit, real energy and charm. The wine is ripe with red fruits and rounded tannins, and shows exceptional concentration. Smooth and refreshing with cherry and a smoky finish.
- Cru: Brouilly
- Villages: St. Leger, Odener, and Cercie; north of Brouilly
- Average age of Vines: 80 years
- Soil: slopes of clay, limestone, granite, and blue schists
- Yield: Average of 40 hl/hc (52 permitted), 2015 yield: 36 hl/hc
- Environment/Sustainability: biodynamic practices
- Maceration: semi-carbonic maceration: 12 day whole grape carbonic maceration in concrete and steel tanks with twice daily pump over of 10 minutes
- Fermentation: pressing and first racking, completion of alcoholic fermentation at 25 degrees and malolactic fermentation at 20 degrees.
- Racking: raised undisturbed through the winter at 15 degrees in concrete and steel tanks
- Filtration/Fining: light filtration, no fining
- Aging: 5-7 years
- Production: 3000 cases