Podere Giodo Brunello Di Montalcino
Giodo is an enological project and, at the same time, a message to the wine world on behalf of the Sangiovese grape varietal and its highest expression with Brunello di Montalcino. Brunello di Montalcino is, in fact, one of the most appreciated and most important wines around the world, as represented on our label.
Elegant, with vibrant acidity, featuring cherry, leather, tobacco, and menthol flavors. This is ripe and exudes plum, tobacco and mineral aromas and flavors, accented by spice. The oak adds an extra element of tannins but integrates more fully with air. Firms up as the tannins flex on the finish, which persists with iron and tea accents. Fresh, intense and long.
Serve at 18 °C with red meat, salami, and semi-aged cheese. Aging potential optimal for 10 years.
- Location: Montalcino
- Appellation: Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
- Altitude: 300 MASL
- Orientation: South-East
- Inclination: 10%
- Soil: Limestone, rich in fossils, moderately loose-packed
- Trellis: One armed cordon guyot training system
- Density: 6,600 units/hectare
- Production: 1 kg per unit (6 tons/hectare)
- Winemaker: Carlo Ferrini
- Temperature at Fermentation: 25-28 Celsius
- Vinification: In stainless steel and cement
- Yeast: Autochthone
- Aging: French oak and bottle
- Duration of Aging: 36 months in oak and 12 months in bottle
- Residual Sugar: 0 g/L