55% NERO DI TROIA, 30% MONTEPUCLIANO D'ABRUZZO, 15% BOMBINO BIANCO
Alberto Longo Cacc’e Mmitte Di Lucera
Ruby red and purple color. The nose is varietally-driven, intense and persistent, with rich fragrance of wild berries. The taste is well-balanced and round, with good body and balanced tannins.
Pair with traditional dishes of the Mediterranean cuisine, meat and full-bodied fish. Serve at 18-20°C; medium long ageing potential (4-5 years).
- Denomination: Cacc’e Mmitte di Lucera DOC
- Production Area: Lucera, nothern Puglia
- Age of the Vineyard: Planted in 2002
- Soil: Calcareous with sandy loam texture
- Yield: 8,500 kg from 5,600 plants per hectare
- Vinification: in temperature controlled stainless steel vats favoring prolonged contact of must with skins
- Malolactic Fermentation: takes place the month of November
- Aging: 6-8 months in cement vats, 6 months in bottle