100% CHARDONNAY, VARIOUS CLONES
Castel Sallegg Chardonnay
Serve between 10 and 12 degrees Celsius. Cellar for up to 5 years.
This wine has a beautiful, pale yellow color with greenish hues. It is intense on the nose, with a strong aroma of toasted bread and freshly ground coffee, while still leaving room for underlying hints of citrus and apple. A well-structured, strong and rich wine to the palate, it has a pleasant, smooth finish with notes of fruit and roast-coffee and a subtle touch of brioche.
Ideal with shellfish, hearty pasta dishes with seafood or cream sauce as well as light veal or poultry dishes and pies or tureens.
- Terroir: Kaltern-Preyhof
- Elevation: 550 meters above sea level
- Area: Kaltern-Mittendorf
- Soil: Sandy limestone soil with porphyry gravel and Gardena sandstone
- Training system: Guyot
- Yield per vine: 1.4 kg – 60 hl/ha
- Production process: Low-temperature clarification and subsequent controlled cool fermentation at 15 to 18 degrees Celsius
- Aging: 90% in stainless steel tanks, 10% in barrique casks. Continuous stirring of the fine lees (battonage) lends this wine its fine aroma.
- Total acidity: 6.2 g/L
- Residual sugar: 2.5 g/L