The proprietary wine of the property has a concentrated and very balanced style.
Château Gilbert & Gaillard
CHÂTEAU GILBERT & GAILLARD
SYRAH, GRENACHE, MOURVÈDRE
The Syrahs have had small yields but are very fragrant and very concentrated. The Grenaches that produced more, are cooler and bring a nice balance. The Mourvèdre has a lot of depth with a chocolate side. 2014 is atypical if one takes it grape variety. But the final assembly gives a concentrated and very balanced style, which was set up very quickly with beautiful expressions.
Ruby with purple highlights. Net nose, fresh, emphasizing the red and black fruit, garrigue, and spice. Fresh, mineral, enveloping, cutting material, with a nice length..
- The terroir of the Gilbert & Gaillard Castle is quite exceptional. The environment is heavily in the scrub, rich in thyme, rosemary, juniper, wild fennel, and pine forests.
- Surface: 16 Ha
- Soil: Clay and limestone hillsides between 150 and 200 meters
- Average age of vines: 25 years
- Climate: The Mediterranean climate here ensures plenty of sunshine, ample rainfall especially in autumn and the frequent presence of the North Wind
- Harvest: Hand and machine depending on the plot. Done by gravity, so as to preserve the maximum amount of grapes that are sent to the tanks. Grapes are destemmed.
- Fermentation: Approximately 3 weeks, with gentle extraction by pumping during the fermentation phase. Some of the grapes vinified in whole bunches, with barrel aging directly after racking