Bío Bío Valley
100% Sauvignon Blanc
Vina Marty Estate Sauvignon Blanc
About the vintage: It will be remembered as warmer than average, with excellent sanitary conditions. It has helped to obtain mature red and white wines, with great potential and complexity. Harvest in our vineyards with white varieties was completed in the first days of April, while the last red variety were harvested in the beginning of May. Yield per hectare of grapes produced during this vintage was lower than than average in all valleys where Viña Marty is. This has reduced size of berries and clusters. This vintage will create more concentrated wines with stronger character.
- Color: Pale yellow with a green hue
- Nose: We will find intense and predominant aromas of tropical fruit and notes of green capsicum, typical of young Sauvignon Blanc.
- Palate: A light-bodied, fruit driven wine, dry, with crispy acidity giving a full sensation of
freshness. Passion fruit flavors combined with citrus notes and green capsicum are hold
through a well balanced medium to long finish.
- Drink: Ready to drink now
D.O.: Mulchen Valley
Within the Bio-Bio valley, Mulchen valley proves a deep transition in viticultural tradition. The region uses to be considered too meridional for winemakers. However, the weather conditions become more and more interesting for white varieties and Pinot Noir. Cold and very windy, even during summer, rains reach 1.100 mm per year. Soils are naturally sandy and stony, combined with heavy rains, it gives fertile and productive conditions.
- Harvest: By hand
- Farming: Sustainable
- Vine per ha: 3.330 /ha.
- Yield: 14 ton/ha
- Winemaking: Traditional in stainless steel tanks with an average length of 8-12 days, and temperatures about 12-14°C.
- Alcohol: 13.0%