100% Greco di tufo
Environmentally Friendly, Organically Farmed, Certified Organic
Fattoria Pagano Greco di Tufo DOCG
Falerno del Massico is the descendant of the famous Roman wine Falernum, which was considered one of the best reds ever by the emperors and patricians of Rome. Despite its extraordinary fame in ancient times, with the decline of the Roman Empire and its subsequent fall, traces of this mythical wine were lost. The rediscovery of the production area of the Monte Massico area began during the 19th century, but only in the last 40 years have some local producers decided to recover the great tradition by re-proposing a wine that could recall the famous nectar of the times of the Ancient Romans. Thus was born the rediscovery of a great terroir and a wine that today ranks rightfully among the best excellences of Campania winemaking. Antonio and Angelo, a father-son team, are pioneers of this project, dictated solely by love of the land.
White wine made from 100% Greco grapes. It has a straw yellow color, characterized from a deep minerality fused with citrus notes and bitter almond. Full and fresh to the taste.
- Composition: Greco di tufo 100%
- Vineyard of origin: Tufo
- Planting Year: 2004
- Altitude: 450 mt
- Exposure: Exposure south/west
- Soil: Clayey – calcareous
- Plant density: 4000 plants per hectare
- Pruning system: Guyot
- Yield: 1.3kg per vine
- Harvest period: Second ten days of October
- Harvest: Manual, in 15 kg crates
- Aging: Stainless steel vats
- Fermentation: In refrigerated stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature.