Castel Sallegg Lagrein
100% LAGREIN, VARIOUS CLONES
Serve at 18 degrees Celsius. Cellar for up to 5 years.
Crimson with purple reflexes. A wine with character and the seductive fragrance of ripe black currant, plum, a hint of elderberry and licorice, complemented by a delicate herbal note. Strong, distinctly tannic with a fruity finish.
An excellent match for braised, quick-roasted, or grilled meat dishes and dark poultry.
- Terroir: Kaltern – Seehof
- Elevation: 230 meters above sea level
- Soil: Medium-textured, sandy loam. Its immediate vicinity to Lake Kaltern ensures an optimal microclimate.
- Training system: Guyot
- Yield per vine: 1.5 kg – 70 hl/ha
- Production process: Controlled fermentation in stainless steel tanks for 15 days at a maximum of 28 degrees Celsius with subsequent malolactic fermentation
- Aging: Aged for 6 months in stainless steel tanks
- Total acidity: 5.8 g/L
- Residual sugar: 3.1 g/L