Environmentally Friendly, Sustainable, Biodynamic
91 points Wine Advocate
Dubost Moulin-à-Vent “En Brenay”
Originally known as Domaine du Tracot, now-called Domaine Dubost has been owned by the Dubost family since 1902. Its origin was found in writings and traces on the main building. With his two sons, Corentin and Joffrey, winemaker Jean-Paul Dubost hopes that the 4th generation will continue the family tradition in providing wines that reflect their terroir, the culture of the vineyard and respecting the environment and soil. 2015 is a warm vintage with an early harvest and ripe fruit. Winemaker suggests to serve with terrines, stewed rabbit, Lyonnaise specialties, grilled meats or simply enjoy a drink with friends.
Moulin à Vent has a dark, intense color. It is a wine of great character with aromas of iris, roses, herbs and ripe fruit. Has a great finesse and is clearly a wine to keep that can be stored 4 to 7 years.
- Cru: Moulin-à-Vent
- Terroir: Granite floors with large crystals, yellow sandstone, and sand
- Average age of vines: 60 years
- Soil: sloping hills of manganese, granite, and iron schists
- Yield: Average of 40 hl/hc (52 permitted), 2015 yield: 36 hl/hc
- Environment/Sustainability: biodynamic practices
- Harvest: hand picked
- Maceration: total carbonic maceration: 15 day whole grape carbonic maceration in concrete and steel tanks with twice daily pump over of ten minutes
- Fermentation: completion of malolactic fermentation at 20 degrees, final racking after malo.
- Racking: raised undisturbed through the winter at 15 degrees in concrete and steel tanks (67%), 1-5 year old 500 liter barrels (33%)
- Filtration/Fining: light filtration, no fining
- Production: 2000 cases
“The 2015 Moulin A Vent en Brenay, which was raised for 10 months in demi-muids, has a pleasant redcurrant jus and wild strawberry-scented bouquet that translates the power of the vintage. The palate is medium-bodied with juicy red berry fruit, well judged acidity, a slightly grainy texture that marries neatly with the lively cranberry and pomegranate notes on the finish. This is a finely made, delicious Moulin A Vent.” – 91 points, Neal Martin, Wine Advocate