Alberto Longo Negroamaro "Capoposto"
Ruby red with hints of garnet. The nose is intense and persistent with rich notes of wild berries. The taste is soft, round, and medium-bodied; this wine is structured with finely-textured, pronounced tannins.
Pair with red meat or full bodied seafood. Serve at 18°-20°C; ageing potential for 4-5 years.
- Denomination: IGT Puglia Rosso
- Production Area: San Severo, northern Puglia
- Age of the Vineyard: Planted in 2002
- Soil: calcareous with clay loam texture
- Yield: 8,000 – 9,000 kg from 5,600 plants per hectare
- Vinification: in temperature-controlled stainless steel vats favoring prolonged contact of must with skins
- Malolactic Fermentation: takes place in November
- Aging: 6-8 months in cement vats, 6 months in bottle