CHÂTEAU GILBERT & GAILLARD
SYRAH, GRENACHE, MOURVÈDRE
Pour Les Amis
The Syrahs have had small yields but are very fragrant and very concentrated. The Grenaches that produced more, are cooler and bring a nice balance. The Mourvèdre has a lot of depth with a chocolate side.
Characterized by a dark purple color. The nose is intense red and black fruit, all part of a discrete mineral background. The palate is smooth with a pleasant fruity and spicy intensity, supported by the freshness.
88 Gilbert & Gaillard
The terroir of the Gilbert & Gaillard Castle is quite exceptional. The environment is heavily in the scrub, rich in thyme, rosemary, juniper, wild fennel, and pine forests.
- Surface: 16 Ha
- Soil: Clay and limestone hillsides between 150 and 200 meters
- Average age of vines: 25 years
- Climate: The Mediterranean climate here ensures plenty of sunshine, ample rainfall especially in autumn and the frequent presence of the North Wind
- Harvest: Hand and machine depending on the plot. Done by gravity, so as to preserve the maximum amount of grapes that are sent to the tanks. Grapes are destemmed.
- Fermentation: Approximately 3 weeks, with gentle extraction by pumping during the fermentation phase. Some of the grapes vinified in whole bunches, with barrel aging directly after racking