PINOT NERO, LAGREIN, MERLOT
Castel Sallegg Sallie Rosato
The Sallie Rosato label comes in 6 different variations featuring 6 different colors. Each of these colors signifies a different important aspect of winemaking in Alto Adige:
- Green: Wanderlust
- Barefoot on soft grass, wandering across lush green meadows. In the forest cool moss pleasant under your feet and then … a deep breath, birdsong, a moment of peace. Did you know that 50 percent of South Tyrol is mad up of forest?
- Orange: Enjoyment of Life
- Sunset, the mountain peaks begin to glow and then suddenly there is that perfect moment … Did you know that the Dolomites belong to the Unesco World Heritage?
- White: Freedom
- At the summit. Unforgettable, this feeling of limitless freedom. Did you know that the highest mountain in South Tyrol, King Ortler, is 3,905 metres high?
- Yellow: Happiness
- Summer, sun, Alto Adige… and not only in the summer months do you find clear blue skies. Did you know that South Tyrol enjoys over 300 days of sunshine a year?
- Blue: Holiday
- A summer’s day at the lake. Blazing sun in a crystal blue sky, a warm breeze plays on your skin and then … a plunge into the refreshing water. Did you know that Lake Caldaro is the warmest alpine lake?
- Pink: Passion
- An evening among friends. Leave everyday life behind you … Simply switch off. It’s time to enjoy a good glass of wine. Sallie time?
Pale pink in color. Seductive aromas of raspberries and strawberries, and hints of roast coffee and jam. On the palate it is fruity, with flavors of raspberries and some delicate notes of red berries.
This rosato is an ideal accompaniment for white meat, barbecues, salmon and several other types of fish, pasta and pizza, as well as dark poultry. Serve within 10-1 2°C. Cellar this wine for up to 3 years.
- Terroir: Kaltern– Reitwiesen 230 above sea level: Sandy loam
Kaltern – Seehof: 230 m above sea level. Medium-textured, sandy loam.
Kaltern – Preyhof: 550 m above sea level.
Sandy limestone soil with porphyry gravel and Gardena sandstone.
- Training System: Guyot
- Yield per Vine: 1.5 k – 80 hl/ha
After a brief maceration, the grapes are pressed and only the juice is left to ferment. A controlled fermentation process makes for fruity, fresh notes.
- Aging: Aged in stainless steel tanks on the fine lees for 4 months
- Total Acidity: 5.5 g/L
- Residual Sugar: 1.5 g/L