Special Reserve Ruby Port
A premium blend of good quality Ruby Ports, selected among the best of several harvests, approved by the IVDP (Instituto dos Vinhos do Douro et do Porto) to use the denomination Special Reserve.
Aromas of ripe red fruits like strawberry and raspberry. Full bodied and rich, with a long and remarkable finish. Excellent with cheeses, berry pie, and nuts; superb with chocolate.
- Sub-Region: Tabuaço; Ervedosa do Douro (Cima Corgo); Numão (Douro Superior)
- Vine’s Age: 20-40 years
- Soil: Schist
- Harvest: Grapes are harvested manually and transported in 30 kg trays
- Vinification: controlled fermentation with extended macerations, stopped by grape brandy addition
- Aging: In large wooden vats for an average of 4 to 5 years, then blended in stainless steel tanks to preserve its classical full-bodied style, rich and well balanced
- Date of Bottling: Bottled according to demand
- Winemaker: Jorge Manuel Pintão/Luís Rodrigues