TOURIGA NACIONAL, TOURIGA FRANCA, TINTA RORIZ, TINTA BARROCA, AND TINTO CÃO
Special Reserve Tawny Port
A judicious blend of superior quality Tawny Ports matured in wood, selected among the best of several harvests, approved by the IVDP (Instituto dos Vinhos do Douro e do Porto) to use the denomination Special Reserve.
Elegant aromas with scents of dried fruits, smoke and vanilla. Full bodied and bright with a long lasting finish.
A perfect match for cheese, pastry, sweets, nuts, and dried fruits.
- Sub-Region: Tabuaço; Ervedosa do Douro (Cima Corgo); Numão (Douro Superior)
- Vine’s Age: 20-40 years
- Type of Soil: Schist
- Harvest: Grapes are harvested manually and transported in 30 kg trays
- Vinification: controlled fermentation with extended macerations, stopped by grape brandy addition
- Aging: In large wooden vats for an average of 4 to 5 years, then blended in stainless steel tanks to preserve its classical full-bodied style, rich and well balanced
- Date of Bottling: Bottled according to demand
- Winemaker: Jorge Manuel Pintão/Luís Rodrigues