Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz, Tinta Barroca, Tinto Cão
Fortified wine produced in the mountainsides along the Douro Valley selected to age in wooden vats. It shows maturity in color, concentration in flavors, and evolution in the aroma.
The aromas combine the fruitiness of young wines with the velvety, woody flavors of older wines. It is soft, light, and well-balanced. Pair with cheese, pastry, nuts, desserts, and dried fruits.
- Sub-Region: Sabrosa; Murça (Cima Corgo)
- Vine Age: 10-20 years
- Soil: Schist
- Harvest: Grapes are harvested manually and transported in 30 Kg trays
- Vinification: Controlled fermentation with maceration, stopped by grape brandy addition
- Aging: Matured in wood for 3 years, followed by blending of several Port Wines from different harvests
- Date of Bottling: Bottled according to demand
- Winemaker: Jorge Manuel Pintão / Luís Rodrigues