Podere Giodo Toscana Rosso
Giodo is an enological project and, at the same time, a message to the wine world regarding the Sangiovese varietal. Sangiovese is in fact the Godfather of all red Italian grapes. It is the most planted varietal in Italy, it’s the ultimate varietal. We symbolize with our label, our commitment to this grape. The circle on the label represents the earth the man with open arms is ready to fully embrace it, and work in harmony. Our Toscana Rosso IGT, wants to be the best expression of this incredible grape.
An aromatic wine showing cherry, currant, strawberry, leather, and spice flavors. There is lively acidity, keeping it focused, and it is very approachable with dusty tannins. There is a nice lingering tobacco accent on the lovely finish.
Serve at 18 °C with red meat, roasts, and game. Aging potential optimal for 10 years.
- Location: Montalcino
- Appellation: Toscana IGT Rosso
- Altitude: 300 MASL
- Orientation: South-East
- Inclination: 10%
- Soil: Limestone, rich in fossils, moderately loose-packed
- Trellis: One armed cordon guyot training system
- Density: 6,600 units/hectare
- Production: 1 kg per unit (6 tons/hectare)
- Winemaker: Carlo Ferrini
- Temperature at Fermentation: 25-28 Celsius
- Vinification: In stainless steel and cement
- Yeast: Autochthone
- Aging: French oak 5/7 hl and bottle
- Duration of Aging: 12 months in oak and 12 months in bottle
- Residual Sugar: 0 g/L