65% CORVINA, 15% CORVINONE, 10% RODINELLA, 10% OTHER
Fattori Valpolicella Superiore “Col De La Bastia”
At first glance the color is ruby red. It has cherry and small, red, woodland fruits on the nose. There are hints of fresh red fruit on the palate. This wine features balanced tannins.
12 hectares located in Bastia, exactly on the valley between the Val d’Alpone and Val d’Illasi. The shaley clay and subalkaline land are formed in a broad plateau with slight slopes, produced by the alteration of limestone formations and in particular the white and red scales. The volcano (basalt) is non-existent.
- Location: DOC Valpolicella
- Altitude: 450 MASL
- Age of Vines: 20-35 years old
- Production: 60-70 Hl/Ha
- Harvest: Hand picked during the last two weeks of September
- Fermentation: Stainless steel vats
- Maturation: Wooden barrels