Environmentally Friendly, Sustainable, Biodynamic
Originally known as Domaine du Tracot, now-called Domaine Dubost has been owned by the Dubost family since 1902. Its origin was found in writings and traces on the main building. With his two sons, Corentin and Joffrey, winemaker Jean-Paul Dubost hopes that the 4th generation will continue the family tradition in providing wines that reflect their terroir, the culture of the vineyard and respecting the environment and soil.
Soft tannins, round palate with aromas of red fruit (currant, raspberry, blackcurrant). Fresh, fruity and appealing simplicity – it likes to be enjoyed alone or as an accompaniment.
Winemaker suggests to serve with terrines, stewed rabbit, Lyonnaise specialties, grilled meats or simply enjoy a drink with friends.
- Soil: rolling slopes of sand, granite, and limestone on sandstone subsoils in the heart of Villages between Beaujeu and Villie Morgon
- Age of Vines: 40 years
- Environment/Sustainability: biodynamic practices
- Harvest: hand picked
- Maceration: semi-carbonic maceration, 7-9 day whole grape carbonic maceration in concrete and steel tanks with twice daily pump over of 10 minutes
- Fermentation: pressing and first racking, completion of alcoholic fermentation at 25 degrees and malolactic fermentation at 20 degrees.
- Racking: raised undisturbed through the winter at 15 degrees. Drink in 2-3 years
- Filtration/Fining: light filtration, no fining